Online Parent Taught Driver’s Ed
for Every City & County in Texas
How It Works
- Register for our Course – CLICK HERE – ONLY $59
- Complete the: Parent-Taught Driver Education Instructor Designation Services Request
- Login & Set up Your Student Profile – https://my.parenttaughtdrivi
- Complete Module 1 (6 Classroom Hours)
- Take your DPS Permit Test directly through our Website: (Included FREE)
- Download your DE964 (Learner License) Certificate: (Included FREE)
- Apply for your Learner License “Permit” at DPS
Your Official DPS Written “Permit” Test is included FREE through our website, and is made available on your dashboard, as soon as you complete Module 1 of 12….👍
Here’s the scoop…
PHASE I – Learner License (Permit)
- Complete Module 1 of 12 (6 Classroom Hours)
- Take Your Official Permit Test Directly through our Website
- Pass Your Official DPS Permit Test (included FREE)
- Download & Print your DE964 “Learner License” Certificate
- Schedule your Application Appointment with DPS
- Apply for your Learner License (Permit) at DPS
- Begin your in-car instruction with your designated parent-instructor
Our Course is the FASTEST Allowed by Texas Law 🚙💨
As soon as you complete the course requirements.👍
Classroom Modules 1-12, can be completed in one (1) week.
And the 14 & 30 Hour Driving Logs can be completed in 3-4 weeks.
The entire course (Modules 1-12 and 44 Driving Hours) can be completed in approximately 4-6 weeks.
*The Student must have their learner license (permit) before beginning any behind-the-wheel (in-car) instruction.
PHASE II Details: This Way to Your License
- Complete Modules 1 thru 12 (can be completed in one (1) week)
- Complete the 14 & 30- Hour Driving Logs (44 Hours – 2 hours per day max)
- Request your DE964 (License) Certificate from your Dashboard
- Download, Save and Print your DE964 (License) Certificate
- Must be 16 years of age & have your “permit” for 6 months
- Complete the Impact Texas Teen Driver (ITTD) Video
- Schedule your Driving Test Appointment with DPS (link in HELP tab)
- Buckle Up & Proceed with Caution! 🚙💨
We allow one (1) year to complete the course requirements.
Classroom Modules 1-12 can be completed in approximately one (1) week.
Once you obtain your Learner License (Permit) from DPS, the 14 & 30 driving hour logs can be completed in approximately three (3) weeks
The entire course (12 Classroom Modules & 44 Driving Hour) can be completed in approximately 4 weeks.
All course requirements (Classroom Modules 1-12 & the 14 Hour Behind-the-Wheel Instruction Log) must be completed, and the DE964 certificate must requested, downloaded and saved on your device, on or before your account expiration date (one year from your date of enrollment)
No, there are no additional, hidden or recurring fees for our parent taught driving course.
However, the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR), will charge a separate fee for the PTDE Program Guide.
The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) will charge a separate fee for the Learner License “Permit” and a separate fee for the Provisional License.