Parent Taught Driver’s Ed
for Every City & County in Texas
How It Works
- Register for our Course – CLICK HERE – ONLY $59
- Complete the: Parent-Taught Driver Education Instructor Designation Services Request
- Login & Set up Your Student Profile – https://my.parenttaughtdrivi
- Complete Module 1 (6 Classroom Hours)
- Take your DPS Permit Test directly through our Website: (Included FREE)
- Download your DE964 (Learner License) Certificate: (Included FREE)
- Apply for your Learner License “Permit” at DPS
Before beginning, you MUST first complete the Parent-Taught Driver Education Instructor Designation Services Request and purchase the Parent Taught Driver Education (PTDE) Program Guide from the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR). TDLR will charge a separate fee for the PTDE Program Guide that is not included in our course fee.
- Complete Module 1 of 12 (6 Classroom Hours)
- Pass Your Official Permit Test (included, in-course, at no additional cost)
- Instantly Download & Print your DE964 “Learner License” Certificate (Required by DPS for your Permit)
- Schedule your Permit Application Appointment with DPS (link in HELP tab)
- Once you obtain your Learner License “Permit” from DPS, you can start your in-car instruction with your parent-instructor.
- Complete Modules 2 thru 12
- Complete the 14 Hour Driving Log
- Request your DE964 “License” Certificate (from your dashboard)
- Download, Save and Print your DE964 (License) Certificate
- Complete the 30 Hour Practice Driving Log
- Complete the Impact Texas Teen Driver (ITTD) Video
- Schedule your Driving Test Appointment with DPS (link in HELP tab)
- Buckle Up & Proceed with Caution!
Classroom Modules 1-12 can be completed in as little as 3 weeks; and once you obtain your Learner License (Permit) from DPS, the 14 hour log can be completed in as little as one week;
However, we allow account access for one (1) year from your receipt “Order Date” to complete the course requirements.
All course requirements (Classroom Modules 1-12 & the 14 Hour Behind-the-Wheel Instruction Log) must be completed, DE964 certificates requested, downloaded and saved on your device, on or before one (1) year from your “Order Date.”
No, there are no additional, hidden or recurring fees for our parent taught driving course.
However, the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation (TDLR), will charge a separate fee for the PTDE Program Guide.
The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) will charge a separate fee for the Learner License “Permit” and a separate fee for the Provisional License.